Soon Skull Island: Reign of Kong at Universal Orlando Resort will be opening to the public. Final touches are being added and now we know what the ride vehicles will look like and they are monstrous. The expedition vehicle for Skull Island: Reign of Kong measure over 40 feet long and 13 feet high, weighs in at 17 tons and carries up to 72 people.
The ride vehicles will be able to take sharp turns and pull of complicated manuevers as you are immersed into the story of Kong. This is another BIG first for Universal Creative as they have created an all new all-terrain vehicle that will operate on a completely trackless system. This will allow for you to experience the rugged island in a way that makes it as though you are really in a mountainous terrain.
Skull Island: Reign of Kong the ride will feature five different drivers that each have their own unique back story.
- Becky Callahan: The loose-cannon cowgirl who isn’t fazed by the dangers awaiting her on Skull Island.
- Will Denham: The fresh-faced, adventure-seeking younger cousin of famed movie director Carl Denham.
- Jinks Costanza: A hardened New York City ex-con who is wary of the island’s mysteries.
- Kalana: A mystical descendent of the natives who first settled on the island.
- Charles “Doc” Jordan: A PhD student in paleontology who took time off from his studies to explore the world.
Enter the ruins of a primal realm and journey into the dark heart of an island filled with untold dangers. Vicious, ancient predators and unspeakable monstrosities rip into your crew and swarm from every side. Then, in an act of sheer ferocity—or monstrous bravery—King Kong charges between you and certain doom with an earthshaking fury. With each thundering roar and each chest-pounding thud, one colossal truth comes clear.