Sea World’s Christmas Celebration is now under way in San Diego and will run through January 3, 2016. You’ll get to experience all the sights and sounds of the season as Shamu®, Santa and more than one million glimmering lights light up the park.
There will be lots of new experiences as well as guest favorites that will be returning. Shamu® Christmas Miracles returns as the parks killer whales become the stars of the Christmas story and its a tropical Christmas twist at Dolphin Island Christmas.
Here’s a detailed look at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration 2015:
- NEW – A Sesame Street Christmas: All your favorite Sesame Street characters come together for a special Christmas with the three year old fairy Abby. They share with her the celebrations and traditions of the Christmas season. This heart warming show is filled with Santa, jingle bells, Christmas carols and gift giving, at the end Abby discoverd the true meaning of Christmas. This new show is located in the Mission Bay Theater.
- Shamu Christmas Miracles: Thrilling seasonal music rings out as amazing killer whales, gifted trainers and a talented female vocalist share a story of reflection and understanding, of peace and friendship and of the everyday miracles that surround us all year long. Guests will experience the power and beauty of Shamu’s family in this touching holiday favorite.
- Dolphin Island Christmas: This Christmas-themed dolphin show celebrates the holidays with a tropical twist. Dolphins and pilot whales perform amazing athletic feats. Dancers get into the spirit as well during this daytime show at Dolphin Stadium.
- Clyde & Seamore’s Christmas Special: SeaWorld’s prank-loving pinnipeds Clyde and Seamore have a hilarious holiday time in this Christmas-themed sea lion and otter show.
- The Pets Rule Christmas: A specially-themed show featuring the shelter-adopted stars of the park’s Pets Rule! As the winter season begins, the pets partake in holiday hijinks.
- KyXy Tree Lighting: Continuing through Dec. 25, KyXy 96.5 will simulcast the nightly SeaWorld’s Christmas Tree of Lights show at 6 p.m. The lights of Southern California’s largest Christmas tree—SeaWorld’s 320-foot Christmas Tree of Lights—will dance in sync with classic holiday songs.
- Santa’s Christmas Village: This magical, holiday area is brimming with Christmas fun! Guests can mingle with Santa’s elves and Mrs. Claus; enjoy a sweet treat such as a waffle-on-a-stick; and, every day before Christmas get a photo with Santa. Plus, Mrs. Claus invites everyone to join her in a spirited sing-along to help her and the elves light a festive 40-foot animated tree. Rather than wait in line at Santa’s Cottage, guests can check in for a pager that allows families to hold their spot in line, freeing them up to enjoy all the Christmas Village has to offer.
- Santa’s Reindeer: On the lawn in front of Animal Connections, real reindeer from Santa’s workshop will delight guests with up-close and educational encounters. Guests can also get in the spirit by playing reindeer games or hopping on Santa’s sleigh for a magical Christmas photo.
- Holiday Atmosphere: SeaWorld will be decked out more than ever before, with more than one and a half million low-energy holiday lights and a 40-foot tree with an animated light show. New specialty lighting will be glimmering bright at Explorer’s Reef, welcoming guests inside the park. Outside Pets’ Playhouse, guests will find the Cat’s Christmas Parlor, where the feline stars of Pets Rule! hang out in their own Christmas-themed house. Animal exhibits such as Shark Encounter, Penguin Encounter and Animal Connections get a splash of holiday spirit with specialty-themed décor inside.
The best way to enjoy SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is with a Fun Card. Guests who purchase a 2016 SeaWorld Fun Card can enjoy all of SeaWorld’s Christmas festivities in 2015, plus come back again and again in 2016.