Tequila Twist on a Mint Julep
- 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 1 Small piece of Ginger
- 2 ounces of Tequila
- Carbonated Water
- Grate ginger on a microplane.
- Squeeze juice from grated ginger into a shaker, throw away ginger.
- Place 10 mint leaves into the glass.
- Then pour 1tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey into the shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and then proceed to shake to help break up the mint to release the mint oils.
- Strain liquid into a prepared glass of ice and serve with a sprig of mint.
Wear gloves when squeezing ginger if you have sensitive hands, as the ginger will burn your hands for a little bit after squeezing the juice, I learned the hard way.